A few notes from the World of Outlaws' two-day swing through North Dakota over the weekend:
- Donny Schatz picked up win No. 100 with the Outlaws when he won in Mandan on Saturday night.
- The track at River Cities Speedway on Friday night was one of the fastest the Outlaws have raced on in recent years. The week's rain made for a fast surface and for a late night as RCS show didn't end until 1 a.m. Saturday.
- Jason Meyers set the RCS track record Friday night with a time of 9.269 seconds, an average of 116.517 mph. The old record was 9.66 seconds. In all, 18 cars broke the old RCS record as the racing surface was extremely fast during qualifying. Meyers' time of 9.269 seconds easily set the mark as the quickest lap turned on any track on the WoO circuit this season. RCS remains one of only three tracks on the 2009 WoO schedule that has seen single-digit times.
- Chris Shirek was the top NOSA driver for the five WoO shows in North Dakota this season. He was impressive in his run Friday night at RCS, coming from 18th to seventh.
- After crashing on the first lap of Friday's WoO feature at RCS, Mark Dobmeier didn't run with the Outlaws on Saturday in Mandan. But he came back and won Sunday night's feature at Huset's Speedway near Sioux Falls, S.D.