Two hours before kickoff here at Huskie Stadium.
A few notes:
- Northern Illinois officials expect between 18,000 and 20,000 for tonight's game. It's the only home game in September of NIU.
- It's windy. The wind probably will affect the kicking game.
- The Chicago Tribune picked NIU to beat the Sioux 35-17.
- South Dakota's win over the Gophers has generated a lot of talk in the press box since NIU plays at Minnesota in a couple of weeks. It's easy to see why Minnesota coach Tim Brewster doesn't want the Gophers to play regional FCS teams.
- UND once again is in the NCAA's good graces regarding the nickname. The NCAA says schools shouldn't hold the nickname against the Sioux in future scheduling. After South Dakota's win today, it would be hard to imagine the Gophers scheduling any FCS regional school in the near future.
- If you want to see corn fields come to DeKalb. If you want to drive on toll roads, they're here.
- The Sioux will play on artificial turf here at Huskie Stadium.